Written by our dear friends at Get Fresh Guide ~ They connect eaters with the growers, producers, suppliers & supporters of fresh, local food & drink; plus responsibly sourced farm direct …
Cheerful Corn Chowder
This nourishing soup is an easy to prepare, delicious addition to any meal. Sprouted almonds are much more readily available to the body as their enzyme inhibitors have been removed during the soaking process. The Vitamin E and Magnesium present in almonds is therefore absorbed much more easily into your system.
The antioxidant level of corn actually increases when cooked, helping to remove free radicals from our bodies more efficiently. Corn also has high fibre, leaving you feeling full, and nourishing you with vitamins such as B1, B5, and folic acid.
- 4 cups sprouted almond mylk
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper or cayenne
- 2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 4 cobs of corn, shucked
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup zucchini
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- Blend the Sprouted Almond mylk with 1/2 of the corn, salt, pepper and spices. Set aside.
- Pulse remaining vegetables in a food processor to a coarse texture. Alternatively you can dice the vegetables by hand.
- Combine both mixtures together and garnish with fresh dill. Enjoy!
This soup tastes better after a day and keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.