Shani’s Story It has been a great honour to be at the helm of the hOMe Grown Living Foods Ship since our conception in 2008. What started as a genuine …
Likely the best Living Foods invention from the Milagro Kitchen ~ Our Original Catering & Retreat Business!
These fantastic rolls are a marriage of the fragile Vietnamese Salad Roll and Japanese Sushi Rolls that together will earn rave reviews from your family and friends. They were invented on the spot at our Summer Solstice Yoga and Surf Retreat in Tofino in 2004 and travel well for dinner parties or picnics.
Makes 15 Rolls
- 1 package of soba noodles (cooked according to directions) OR Keep it RAW with kelp noodles
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 1/2 jicama, julienne
- 1 cucumber, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 4 stalks green onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari or nama shoyu
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pickled ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup Turmeric Pumpkin Hemp MUNCHeez
- 15 sheets of toasted nori
- 15 rice paper wrappers
1. Cook soba noodles OR cover kelp noodles with boiling water and allow to soften for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chop with scissors to make into bite size pieces.
2. Combine noodles with remaining ingredients and toss to thoroughly combine.
3. Set up your working station with a bowl of warm water and a clean surface to roll.
4. Place one rice paper at a time in warm water for 15-20 seconds, until soft.
5. Place softened paper on surface and cover with a sheet of nori.
6. Take 1/4 cup of noodle mixture and place in the bottom half of the nori. Leave an inch of space at the bottom and sides of the nori, fold over the mixture, fold the sides in and roll into burritos.