Shani’s Story It has been a great honour to be at the helm of the hOMe Grown Living Foods Ship since our conception in 2008. What started as a genuine …
Sprouted Ketogenic U-Bake Bread
As a Type 1 Diabetic, I have been exploring a Low Carb, Ketogenic approach to eating and have had profound results. Less Carbs = Less Insulin = Less Blood Sugar Rollercoasters ~ YAHHH!!
** Interesting fact ~ prior to the invention of Insulin, a High Fat, Low Carb Diet was used to treat Diabetics!
I have been obsessed with this bread since being introduced to it by my dear friend Tiffany, a Foodie Goddess in Baja, Mexico. It was inspired by the original Life Changing Bread Recipe from Sarah Britton’s amazing Blog, My New Roots.
The original Recipe calls for oats, I simply replaced this with SPROUTED Seeds, because they have much more bio available nutrients.
We now offer this Game Changer BREAD
This is the EASIEST bread ever to make. No kneading required! Bound with Psyllium, Flax and Chia makes it the healthiest choice too. Read Sarah’s original recipe for more reasons to make it!
Makes 1 Large Loaf!
Buy this U-Bake Flour Free Bread HERE
Organic Ingredients: Sprouted Sunflower Seeds, Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, Sprouted Chia, Sprouted Flax, Psyllium, Pure Ocean Aquifer Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 1/4 cup of grass fed butter, ghee or coconut oil OR measure 1/4 cup olive oil or MCT oil….you need 1/4 cup of liquified oil
- Add 1.5 cups of water and oil or ghee to mixture and stir to combine
- Pack into a parchment paper lined bread pan and smooth the top OR shape into 10-12 Buns
- Bake for 1 hour for bread and 45 minutes for buns
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown
- Allow to cool completely before slicing
Serve slathered in Ghee or Coconut Oil for a Ketogenic Snack